Friday, September 25, 2009

New Book mce Read

A few years ago I read the book, The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown. I had previously read his other books, including Angels and Demons. I was not shocked by the Da Vinci Code book. I found it very interesting. It talked of things that I believed in. I even almost, liked the movie, bad hair and all. I enjoyed the sights and museums of Europe.



But then, a new book by Dan Brown was coming out !! Another fact about mce !! I read the New York Times on Sunday from the internet. I love the Book section and always reserve the best sellers at the Mesa Library. Much cheaper and easier than buying all those books. And if I LOVE it, I can put in on the books to buy list. Very few books make the "To Buy" list. Anyhow, I reserved the new book coming out from Dan Brown, called The Lost Symbol, many months ago and was second on the reserved list. And they had 15 copies, so I was one of the first to get the book. And now for my review:

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

This book breaks some of my good book rules from an author that I have already read. It copies from their other books. It assumes we all have zero knowledge of certain events. The author gives the reader no credit for thoughts. And worse of all, it makes light of certain truths that I believe in. And it was boring. And I felt obligated to read it. And when you have read it, then we can discuss my problems with it. And I have already been asked to clarify. I do believe much of what is in the book, I just don't think it is a very well written or thought out book. And it has already sold over 2 million copies and that is not counting the discount stores, like Wal-Mart and Target. Unbelieveable. So another book does not make the beloved best book list. Just the I read it list.